Re: papermaking project

From: sharonbk
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 03:23:44 PDT

    I did papermaking with my students in January and examples of our results
    are on my webpage:
    http://home.adelphia.net/~sharonbk

    I apologize that I don't have the lesson plan(s) up for that yet (too many
    other things going on), but you can see from our examples that one of the
    things that we did to make this interesting was to embed photographs in some
    of the paper.

    We also used an unbelievable amount of strange stuff in some of our paper
    (dryer lint, dog hair, organic materials--don't try wild onions, however,
    because the paper reeks!--pencil shavings, glitter, yarn, small silk
    floweres, etc.) and we also made multi-colored paper by mixing up different
    batches of slurry and pouring that onto the frames.

    It was the first time I'd tried papermaking, and it was sort of a wide-open
    experiment for all of us, and one that we really enjoyed.

    Sharon
    http://home.adelphia.net/~sharonbk
    Artwork & Lesson Plans, Genealogy,
    Contra Dance & Celtic Music Info