wetset procedures

From: MPBC90
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 21:25:05 PDT

    I found that using a very soft sponge with dish soap and warm water will cut
    through the "oily" (not waxy) film. The softer the sponge, the easier to get
    the little cracks and crevices. I didn'thave my kids paint them, as the
    washing still did not remove all the film well, and they were beautiful terra
    cotta color. I will still never buy that stuff again. ugh.
    MP

    I brought some Wet Set clay pieces home this weekend to soak in water =
    (per directions). It's time to get them out and I remember reading that =
    you have to sort of scrub off the waxy coating, but I left my directions =
    at school. Do you use hot water or cold? Do you have to get all of the =
    oil off? (We'll be painting these, so I assume so...) Is there anything =
    else I should know about what to do with these things??
       =20

    ---