CAST OFF zippity doo dah

From: MPBC90
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 21:07:34 PDT

    I'm glad your cast is off, too!
    I had a 5th grade girl come to class today with a cast on her right arm.
    Broke it rollerblading over Easter break. She came to class whining that she
    couldn't do ANYTHING and her handwriting was illegible and all she could do
    was sit in class all day and do nothing and mom was translating her homework
    and whine whine whine...but what do you know, we are doing Georgia O'Keeffe
    seashells and working with compositions running off the pages, almost
    abstract, and she DID GREAT!!! It was amazing. I think the cast allowed her
    to just draw and now worry about details and little sketchy lines, and she
    was so happy! Interesting! Hope she doesn't revert to the little sketchy
    lines after exploring this type of drawing!
    MP

    ---