Re: Needed : interesting papermaking project

From: Artystyc3
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 19:28:06 PDT

    Heidi,
      For our Fla. conference ( FAEA) we had a papermaking project that
    incorporated
    making a 9X12" handmade paper into a Japanese style book.
    The paper was made and folded in 1/2. Then several sheets of Japanese rice
    papers
    were inserted inside,same size, folded in 1/2. Punch three holes along the
    folded
    side and place a small twig along the outside fold. Now lace thin raffia to
    the twig
    and secure by lacing into the holes. You can get some interesting napkins and
    decorated papers ( with metallic papers ,embossed medallions, and calligraphy)
    from an Oriental market. Very cheap too. These were handsome little books
    and a terrific gift project too.
    Artystyc3
    -Patti

    ---