Re: I need an art joke

From: Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 05:32:32 PDT

    Christa Wise wrote:

    > OK you guys...I'm first at the podium for awards night. Does antone have a
    > good art joke I can start the evening with? It can be an "oldie." I just
    > need something ASAP.
    > Christa

    Here's an oldie--

    joseph

    An artist asked the gallery owner if there had been any interest in his
    paintings on display at that time.
         "I have good news and bad news," the owner replied. "The good news
    is that a gentleman inquired about your work and wondered if it would
    appreciate in value after your death. When I told him it would, he
    bought all 15 of your paintings."
        "That's wonderful," the artist exclaimed. "What's the bad news?"
        "The guy was your doctor."

    ---