RE: Polaroids AND Russian Folk Art

From: J+G Grant (jggrant)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 04:12:58 PDT

    I have a friend who, years ago, heated up his polaroids with a handheld hair dryer before manipulating, with wooden satay sticks, the image and then overlaying it with textas (sorry, don't know what these are called in U.S.). I remember in particular a series where he wrapped the bodies of his models with gladwrap (clingwrap?) and then took the photos - the strain of their bodies were intensified by the final manipulation. Very interesting.
    Also, regarding Russian Folk Art, they are well known for their papier mache work, specially their boxes which have amazing images painted upon them. There are several sites which give good information but I can't find my bookmarks at the moment. I have a box of my own - it is lovely.
    Gina
    Melbourne

    ---