Re: New thread? Polaroid "paintings"

From: frecklesspot (frecklesspot)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 20:41:47 PDT

    As a follow-up hands-on activity for 3rd graders and even 9th graders, I did
    a project with manipulating the Polaroid prints.
    The exhibit at the museum was Tibetan Photos (very wonderful portraits of
    the Tibetan people). After touring the exhibit, I took students into a
    classroom to take their photos. With wooden sticks and permanent markers,
    the students manipulated the photos by pressing on the immulsion as it was
    developing. If they color on it with permanent markers as it develops, it
    will stay on the photo. After the photo developed, the students had to
    write something about themselves and the photo, just like the photos in the
    exhibit. When this was complete, we attached both the photo and the writing
    to a black construction sheet. The students really enjoyed it.

    Hope this helps.
    Judy in OK

    ---