Re: New thread? Polaroid "paintings"

From: Iteachart7
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 18:59:44 PDT

    In a message dated 4/24/00 1:45:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    buerklej.fl.us writes:

    <<
     Just got in an order of books I bought 'cold' from a catalog, and one is
     especially intriguing, showing very impressionistic products made from
    Polaroid
     prints. Evidently when the inner emulsion is still soft, you can score and
     otherwise manipulate it. Anyone actually ever DO this?

     Jen in Tallahassee

    Dear Jen
    We had the "Poloriod people" come and do an in-service with our teachers. It
    covered everything from documenting student assessment to prinmaking with a
    seperated (very cool images, but dangerous for little ones) print. When I
    was in college a looooong time ago, my photo teacher had us do this as an
    assignmment. You can use a stylus to scratch designs in before it finishes
    developing. Now they make a special film just for that purpose. Contact
    their education dept. for info.
    Peace
    Gabrielle

    ---