Re: New thread? Polaroid "paintings"

From: SANDRA ROWLAND (serowland)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 12:12:25 PDT

    Jen,

    Working with Polaroids is easy and fun! If you work the photo as soon as
    it developed it is easy to manipulate with small sticks, anything not
    too sharp. If you cannot work it immediately you can keep the photo
    slightly warm, not cold and work the elumsion. Another project with
    Polaroids is emulsion transfers. My students during my student teaching
    loved it! I combined their figure drawing unit with the transfers by
    allowing the students to draw, paint, or whatever with the transfers.
    The students gave a more complex meaning to the single photo. They were
    quite creative! I had a Daylab ($100 at B&H Photo) so we used slides to
    produce the photos. This is a great investment, my son loves it too!

    Sandra

    "Buerkle, Jennifer" wrote:

    ---