Polaroids

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 11:56:44 PDT

    > Just got in an order of books I bought 'cold' from a catalog, and one is
    > especially intriguing, showing very impressionistic products made from
    > Polaroid
    > prints. Evidently when the inner emulsion is still soft, you can score and
    > otherwise manipulate it. Anyone actually ever DO this?

    It's not as easy as it sounds. The directions are too much to go into here.
    You need to use the type films that pull apart. Not the ones that slide out
    of the camera and you just see the image. It can be done with the SX70 but
    it's tedious. If you are really interested, read the information you got or
    contact Polaroid. I got lots of info from them several years ago. There
    are a lot of books available on the transfer process and it is something
    being done a lot in advertising today.

    I love the possibilities. Anyone have any experience with the Day Lab for
    accomplishing this? I look at it all the time, but haven't talked to anyone
    with experience with it? Anyone?

    Thanks,
    Patty

    ---