Re: Mad (long)

From: Buerkle, Jennifer (
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 09:08:26 PDT

    Hi...Jerome Stern was a bit of a local celebrity here in Tallahassee,
    where FSU is situated. I believe he was head of the English Department
    (or something similar) and wrote for the local paper, as well as gave
    numerous workshops for teachers. He wrote a number of novels and I
    believe one book about writing novels. He was a regular on NPR and you
    either loved him or hated him...never in between! He passed away (very
    prematurely) a few years ago and Tallahassee has been the poorer for his
    absence. Thanks for posting this reminder of his skill and ability to
    reach his audience!