Re: Cultural Foot soldiers in the tenches.

From: Joseph S. Gregory (jgregory)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 07:36:54 PDT

    Fellow Educators:
           Just a note, came back from the Boston Marathon(Specator)
    Brother ran 3:17

    > Great race even for handicapped participants.
       If our society was interested in the ARTS like SPorts.
    WOW. Even my own children Do All main sports but it is their experience
    with the ARTS that has truely changed them and has had an IMPACT on them.
    Im concern on the emphasis
    away from Fine Arts to popular culture and saw the dominance Sport
    activity ONLY.
     After talking to family in Boston, with ALL the culture
    avalible conpared to
    wear I live in Omaha, STUDENTS PRIMARY ART EXPERICENCE COME FROM US.
    wE STILL PROVIDE THE INTRODUCTION AND THE ON GOING EXPERIENCE. bEC ASUE
    YOU care IT does make A DIFFERENCE.
           iN mY 2ND JOB TO KEEP MY TEACHING HABIT UP, THE ADULTS WITH MENTAL
    HEALTH PROBLEMS ARE NOW GOING TO THE MUSEUM BECAUSE i WANTED ALTERNATIVE
    ACTIVIES.
      I came back even more determined to do a better job and unless we
    continue will become a minor option in the sea of choices for students.
       What I mean again is YOU and only you MAKE that diffrence. I want you
    to think about that after you have a BAD DAY. That You have changed our
    culture for the better in a personal way no matter who misunderstands
    you.
    You have carried the torch, finished the race, and the results will be
    carried on to the next generation.
    Thank You all for a job well done even in the pain, misery and suffering
    that requires our students and worker to understand our cause.
    I Love this work amd commend you.
    I know send Money(ha ha), Keep up the good work... Joe Gregory-Omaha

    PS Im in a hurry and can't correct mistakes!!!-

    ---