Video/Editing and making "How-to's"?

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler@ez-net.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 06:57:33 PDT

    Hi all...

    A personal question, unrelated to the classroom directly...
    I received this catalog from "Curtis Company" and it had a digital video
    recorder that also took digital still shots with a 1 Mb flash memory. A
    Panasonic Palmcorder IQ - PV-L850 for $795

    I've been wanting to record a number of my "how-to" plein air paint
    sessions, then go through that whole process of getting them edited into a
    decent instructional master. I'm aware of a number of sources that edit and
    create a master from your tapes for about $200...which is I relent much
    cheaper than buying a digital media editor for about $2000.

    Anyone have some hindsight experience with this? My summers are spent
    instructing numerous weekend painting workshops, and I thought it would be
    great to offer a take home video as well as market them online.
    thanks,

    Larry SeilerLarry Seiler
    Landscape Paintings-
    http://www.artistnation.com/members/lofts/lseiler/