Re: russian folk art

From: Dennis Morris (theartboss)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 04:15:07 PDT

    My students made the largest nesting doll from a piece
    of 9 x 12 drawing paper. they created an image using
    crayon and changable markers. the paper was rolled
    into a 9" tall cylindar. The remaining nesting dolls
    were made from smaller sheets of paper. One student
    created ten ( the smallest was the width of a large
    crayon ). As a follow up activity my 4th graders are
    using plastic containers ( such as medicine bottles )
    to create doll like images that reflect different
    ethnic dress. We are using squiggle paint and acrylic
    paint to complete these. My special needs students
    used actual fabric to create nesting dolls. The faces
    were from magazines.
    Dennis Morris