Re: russian folk art

From: Janjarreau
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 19:51:11 PDT

    In a message dated 4/22/00 7:05:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
    theartboss writes:

    <<
     I just finished an activity where students made
     matryoska's ( nesting dolls ). We used cylinders and
     students created at least 4 nesting dolls. >>

    Dennis,
        What cylinders did you use? Are they various sizes that nest inside each
    other? What is your source? Is there a way to get some real ones? I was so
    impressed with the ones at the Russian Tsar exhibit (Nicholas & Alexandra)
    several months ago in Mobile, Alabama. They had some in the exhibit which
    were among the toys for the children. There were hundreds of replicas for
    sale. I sure would like to have some vessels to paint.
    Janice

    ---