Re: artsednet digest: April 22, 2000

From: Teri Brudnak (tbrudnak)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 04:50:42 PDT

    Subject: Remedios Varo
    From: "Sharon Henneborn" <heneborn>
    Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 18:56:09 -0400

    At the Woman's Art Museum in DC currently is an exhibit of the work of
    Surrealist Remedios Varo.
    Her work is seldom seen in this country and if you are not familiar
    with her work you are missing a treat. If you are close don't miss it.
    I am going this coming weekend even if it is the most crowded time to
    be in DC. I fell in love with her work in Mexico City where I saw
    some pieces in the collection of her contemporary Diego Rivera at his

    Thanks, Sharon!!
    I wish more of us knew about this wonderful artist--and you are
    spreading the word. I first saw her work years ago at the Pheonix Art
    Museum and use her as an example when ever I teach a lesson on Surrealism.
    Teri Brudnak