Re: Bread Dough Coins, Global Art

From: vranck
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 09:19:16 PDT

    Mary Ann,
    Hi, I just read your lesson on coins. The lesson itself sounds fun, but I
    recently had to do some research on coins because Tennessee is about to get
    its quarter. (you know, the new ones)Anyway, I found this website about
    ancient coins that indicates that India was actually the first to have metal
    coins. As far back as 500bc, I think. Anyway the site is very informative
    and I would give it to you but I don't have my bookmarks in front of
    me.(strange computer)If you are interested I'll be glad to send it to you.
    Spring break is over as of monday.
    vicki in tn.
    p.s. the history of money is fascinating!!