Re: Please Help :)

From: frecklesspot (frecklesspot)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 19:34:46 PDT

    For Australia, what about bark paintings, molas, study the Great Barrier
    Reef.
    For Japan, Japanese wall hangings are excellent to study.
    For China, the Chinese dragon.
    For Tibet, discuss the political situation and trace hands, decorate and
    send to the Dalia Lama in exile in India.
    For South America, rainsticks from the rainforests.
    For Mexico, make fake gold jewelry with noodles, mat boards, spaghetti, and
    gold paint.
    For Native America, make a dream catcher, pottery, baskets (I have a simple
    basket for younger children), or weavings.
    For Colonial America, take cans and freeze water in them, then have students
    make a simple pin hole design to punch in the tin cans with a ten penny nail
    and a hammer. Makes a great candle holder.
    Have alot more but this will at least get you started. there are also LOTS
    of great Multicultural books out there....Check out your library.
    Judy in OK

    ---