Re: russian folk art

From: Dennis Morris (theartboss)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 17:02:12 PDT

    I just finished an activity where students made
    matryoska's ( nesting dolls ). We used cylinders and
    students created at least 4 nesting dolls. Many were
    intrigued with the idea of making more. I read "The
    Littlest Matryoska" as students worked. Found a neat
    gallery on the web. www.russiantreasure.com and let
    students view the site.