Re: jewelry

From: KPRS (KPRS)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 06:11:59 PDT

    Clay beads are always challenging if you do them in an intricate manner.
    Check out different cultural aspects of carving, inlaying, and forming the
    beads. You don't have to glaze them, they can be made with different
    colored clays, or oxides can be added to them (but only while using rubber
    gloves)...they are cheaper than FIMO or any other polymer clay, and look
    very 'ancient' when done. There are a variety of "how to" books on beading,
    and I know there are beading artists around who give workshops. I took a
    couple in my area, and ended up buying a bead kiln and doing work for awhile
    in beads.....I always go back to it...and of course the beads can be
    'buttons' as well.

    San D