Re: The Phantom Tollbooth

From: Christa Wise (cwise.us)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 04:37:21 PDT

    RE:"Hi,One simple idea I have employed when the kids watch a video, whether
    it be on an artist, or a movie is to ask them to create either a bookcover
    from what they see or an advertisement."

    Congratualtions! You're asking students to use higher order thinking
    skills. Hooray. Whenever someone asks you to justify how art prepares you
    for those awful standardized tests, this is clearly one way.
    Christa

    ---