Re: fish printing

From: Jhirunrtx
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 19:49:22 PDT

    I bought one fish and used it for approx 100 kids. I do tell the history of
    the art and tell the kids about the wonderful websites they can go to to see
    more art. After discussing the history (which I feel is important to
    understand any art form) I gave my students 12x18 white construction paper,
    watercolors and told them to paint a water scene with no animals. As they
    finished, they came and did one print of the fish (they had the option of
    using the rubber one in case they were squeamish) and painted in the eye.
    They then went to another station and did leaf prints to finish off their
    picture. They used black ink to print their fish. I would like to dry it
    with colors, but would require more fish.
    My one fish cost about five dollars. I put it in the frig after the class
    each day and so far it's looking fine. I recommend it. They kids got a real
    blast out of the project. Janet

    ---