Re: FW: Mexican/Spanish music lesson needed

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 12:29:19 PDT

     Hi, Amanda. I just sent your message to my daughter who is a whiz at
    this type of thing. her name is Hannah.... beanblossomcafe
    Keep that email for future help!!

    I like when kids add rhythms to songs or chants...one group does a steady
    rhythm - maybe clapping, a second group add a double time rhythm maybe
    snapping fingers, and a third group adds some crazy third rhythm maybe
    smacking their tongues or something. it's fun to get all three groups
    keeping time together. Do this with a recording or some Spanish or
    Mexican music. it works with any music. Or maybe the fourth group could
    sing the song and the other three groups add in the rhythm backgrounds.
    It can be lots of fun, but always falls apart and makes everyone laugh.
    (The groups choose their own rhythm, like clapping or snapping or banging
    their heads on their desks...whatever!)

    Good luck!
    MaryAnn Kohl
    author of art books for children

    maryann
    http://www.brightring.com

    "It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative
    expression and knowledge."
              Albert Einstein

    ---