RE: FrontPage98

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 11:50:52 PDT

    > We use FrontPage to author our web page. I've installed it on my
    > laptop, but
    > every time I try to start a web on it I get the message unable to
    > connect to
    > a server at 0017700197 on port 80. I've reinstalled FrontPage98
    > three times.
    > I have a web server running. Help. (my 0S is Win98 2nd edition)

    Kimberly,

    I ran into this when I first installed FrontPage as well. Checked with my
    man in the know, who told me that that server code (same one I had) is for
    your laptop. In other words, it's trying to dial itself to find the web
    page. Check your dial-up network settings as well as the server settings
    inside FrontPage.

    Larry

    ---