Re: video hardware requirements

From: Teri Brudnak (tbrudnak)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 03:16:49 PDT

    Subject: To Terri Brundak
    From: Alasann1
    Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 21:57:44 EDT

    <What have you found out about the capacities needed for the digital
    video
    <work. I too am interested in working with digital video. Greetings from
    <Central Ky. I take my comps for my Masters tomorrow. Yousah

    Here's the info..we plan to give one of the G4's a couple of big hard
    drives (around 37 GB) and up the RAM (around 448). We plan to get Final
    Cut Pro from Adobe. I Considered After Effects but Final Cut is more
    than adequate. I can't remember what brand of deck..Panasonic or Sony.
    Camera is an open option--several good ones out there.
    I just went to visit my dear friend Paul who teaches Animation at Rancho
    Bernardo High School in the Poway district (San Diego,CA) and looked at
    their Video production class. They have a small corner area set up as a
    green room (for color key work) and about 6 work stations for editing.
    Paul teaches Animation in the room next door. His class was pretty
    impressive--some real talent. They are currently
    animating both by hand and on the computer. They use Painter and
    Photoshop as well as Bryce and Poser.
    Also using Final Cut Pro to animate scenes. They were developing a new
    character while I watched--a little geek guy based on one of the
    incorrigible ninth graders in the class who begged to wear my 60's
    turquoise goggle glasses!!! A ton of fun!!!
    Hope you had good fortune with your exams!!!

    Teri Brudnak

    ---