Re: fish printing/Gyotaku

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 09:42:34 PDT

    One of my first times fish printing, my new principal called the newspaper
    in. Full color pictures in the paper, with a transcription of an interview
    they did with me. Great press.

    Anyway, someone on this list says they take the eyes of the fish out. I've
    never bothered with that, and you know, they got a great shot of one of my
    4th graders poking the fish's eye with his finger, and a quote from me
    saying "Please don't poke the eyes, guys!"

    I still don't bother taking out eyes and guts. I just pin the fins and
    freeze the whole fish on a piece of cardboard or foam core. Works really
    well, and I've printed probably 30 fish by now-and I've never had a smell
    problem.

    There isn't any such thing as "off the record," even in an art class!

    Mark

    ---