Re: Daily Grade Sheets - Wow!

From: FRANCIS REDFERN (nredfern)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 04:01:20 PDT

    Hi Donna,
    Thanks for posting your grade sheets. I am totally impressed with the
    organization that the lists reflect. This is only my second year
    teaching art and I'm still figuring out the best way to do things (ex -
    how many jobs/helpers needed, how many supplies needed, how best to get
    things away from desks and cleaned up before next class comes in,
    etc...)
    How do you have time to notice and mark down (when necessary) every
    student and every criteria on the daily grade sheet? Sounds like your
    students are well trained and on task most of time.
    As far as the points awarded - now is this what eventually becomes their
    grade for the grading period? How do you go from possible 10 points a
    day to their eventual grades.
    I do a very scaled down version of this and often my grading is too
    subjective for my own comfort and based too much on work habits
    (conduct) than on mastery of art objectives. I'm very good at starting
    organization systems that I can't keep going for a variety of reasons :)
    !

    Thanks for additional comments as well as thoughts from the rest of the
    group as far as the practicality of grade sheets for individual teaching
    situations, and possibilities for modifying.

    Nora

    ---