RE: Jr. High vs Middle School- what's the diff?

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 20:53:48 PDT

    The larger high school is 10 - 12th grades. You couldn't fit another student
    in there with a shoehorn. People new to town mistake it for the university,
    because it is a bunch of separate buildings. I don't know if it was open
    concept when it was built or if they just subdivided the classrooms, but
    they are little bitty and closterphobic(sp). I literally ran out, when I
    finished my teaching exams. Parents on the other side of town asked for the
    6th graders to be moved to elementary. I think it is a first quite first
    step to line the schools up with the same grades in the same school types,
    then redraw the school lines to redistribute the population more evenly.
    (One high school is barely 4A the other is a super 5A (or what ever they are
    calling the extremely large 5A's now in Texas. For those of you not in Texas
    HS are classified according to size and you don't want to move down the
    scale - that would effect the ALL MIGHTY FOOTBALL SCHEDUAL.)

    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator