RE: Daily grade sheets

From: dj (djash)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 18:06:27 PDT

    Judy,
    Yes, If you don't know where it ( the file) came from (especially like
    in a
     chain letter) you should never open exe. I PROMISE it is safe. I use
    Norton
     anti virus scan on my computer. It scans everything it opens first
    BEFORE
     putting into your files... and it asks where you want to put it so you
    have no
     trouble finding it after it is downloaded. It's definitely worth the
     investment. For those of you having problems.... my husband is the
    computer
     "geek" - masters from UofP. He did this for us. He said he set it up to
    be
     opened under later versions of windows 95, windows 98 and WIN NT. I did
    ask
     him why he put it in a exe file. Sorry, can't remember his logical
    answer.
     I'll ask again and I will ask him about your problems with opening and
    get
     back to you all ASAP. Thanks again for the support. I am so glad I
    could help!!!
     Donna

    > "Nagel, Judy" wrote:
    >
    > > Didn't somebody say not to open any attachment that starts with
    EXE? I
    > > thought a virus could harm your hard drive by opening an EXE file.
    Am I
    > > totally off the wall here? Judy

    ---