Jr. High vs Middle School- what's the diff?

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jeannie_sandoval)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 16:48:06 PDT

    Hi all,
    Our Gov of GA is hot and heavy with his new Education Reform package.
    Within the next two years we (supposedly) are switching all our middle
    schools to a Jr. High format. I do not know the difference. In the bill
    that passed they are doing away with Technology, Keyboarding, Home Ec, and
    Foreign Lang and keeping just the fine arts and pe. Now, I have scary
    images going through my head of my class totals. Somehow my numbers are
    supposed to go down but can't imagine how when we are losing so many
    exploratory teachers. I am curious, anyone out there been through something
    like this and what do I do? Thanks in advance for the advice.
    jeannie in ga