student groupings by class

From: Rick (rlarson)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 14:30:12 PDT

    Hi everyone, our principal is thinking of changing our current practice
    of heterogeneous groupings of students to a homogeneous grouping. do
    any of you have experience with this?. Our school district currently
    has the 'academically challenged' students in homogeneous classes, but
    the rest are all heterogeneous.( All abilities in one class) We also
    practice inclusion and I'm not sure how this would fit into the picture
    yet. If you have any input, I would love to hear it. Also, if you know
    of any research on this subject, I'd appreciate that as well.

    ---