Re: shrink wrapping.....

From: Christa Wise (cwise.us)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 11:44:23 PDT

    >Bunki,
    >The shrink wrap machine works beautifully. You need one. It is a tough,
    shiny wrap that protects work and is nearly impossible to rip.

    >The wrap comes in rolls and the material is doubled. You slide the matted
    work inbetween the wrap and heat seal a seam with the machine. Then you
    shrink the wrap with a heat gun until there are no wrinkles.

    >The only down-side--Sometimes too much heat will put a hole in the wrap,
    and you need a stiff backing board or else the work will warp(I use
    corrugated cardboard donated to us by a cardboard company).

    >Dick Blick has the quick-shield shrink 40" (bigger is better)wrap machine
    for $424 which includes the heat gun. A roll of wrap is $60 and it lasts
    two years for me (I wrap about 150 pieces a year).

    >It is far superior to actetate, and it makes the work look super! Yes, it
    relects but no more than glass. When you buy posters at the store, they
    are shrink-wrapped.

    >Christa

    ---