More on Digital Photography

From: Todd Osborne (osborne)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 09:37:50 PDT

    The discussion on digital cameras has been great. My school just bought a Mavica for the artroom, and I think it will be a good investment.

    I have two questions to ask the group:

    First, I will be teaching a digital photo class next year for the first time, and would like some feedback from anyone here about possible lessons and projects for the kids (high school). Any websites you can recommend for this?

    Second: The art dept at my school has 3 computers; 2 Macs and a Windows PC. The local museum has offered to donate 4 Macs to us, but the BOE doesn't want to accept them because they aren't Windows. The other art teacher and I have been told to plead our case for the computers. If we can convince the board that we NEED them, we may get them. I plan to talk about how Macs are preferred by graphic design firms and the flexibility students will have knowing both platforms. If anyone can offer some supporting info or suggestions, let me know.

    Even if we get the computers, chances are slim that they will be networked OR that they will be serviced. Our new IMac has set unused all year because they won,t hook up the internet, and it's easier to go to the computer lab for tech-related lessons. I would like to change this. The school doesn't want to close the lab to put a class in there, but the board won't accept FREE computers.

    Todd Osborne
    osborne

    Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

    ---