Re: batik

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 17:56:17 PDT

    In a message dated 4/17/00 4:47:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    wjbaas writes:

    << Explain? how did the pen tip hold the wax? >>

    We used old metal pen tips the caligraphy type and filled them upside down so
    that the hollow portion was up - the pen tip was in the holder -We held the
    crayons over the flame till melted
    and then scraped the pen tip over it to fill. Then we heated the wax
    further in the pen tip over the alcohol burner.and placed the colored wax
    where it was wanted.
    The room wasn't vented and after awhile the odors made my head ache. Roberta

    ---