baby oil and pastels

From: jane mary (mjart49)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 16:42:01 PDT

    I got this lesson figured out and I am so excited about the results! ou
    asked the same question the kids did. Why are we going over the pencil lines
    with glue? It divides all the petals and makes the coloring go easier. Also
    you have built in divisions which keeps your work clearer to you as you
    work. You would not have to do this but I rather like the look. Here are the
    steps: Choose the palatte of colors your art going to work. Example- light
    blue, medium blue, dark blue and purple. You want 3,4, or 5
    analyges(sp.)colors. Start where the petal begin near the center of the
    flower with the lightest or darkest shade.Go out about 3". Start the next
    value overlapping the first. Continue until you have the petal filled eith
    color. You can do some blending with white pastel where the colors overlap.
    Then the magic! Dip a cotton ball in baby oil. Always start with your
    lightest color and blend using short, light steokes. I love the result. MJ