Retirement Party

From: Pam Signorelli (psignore.us)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 14:17:37 PDT

    I'm a bit behind reading my messages (NAEA in LA and then our State Spring Art conference this past weekend)
    I just read all the great ideas for a music teacher retirement party and just found out I need to decorate for 2 retiring art teachers.
    Please post some of your ideas??

    Last week I did a neat project to decorate for a sports banquet for 10 schools.

    I collected pictures of students from each school involved in various activities.
     I scanned them and printed them twice, once regular and then flipped horzontal so that they fit back to back.
     (next time I think I would have this done at Kinko's since it was very hard on my color printer and probably the same price once I bought ink and photo paper)

    These pictures were mounted onto foam core with spray adhesive. I did one side first then cut around the figure with a band saw and attached the opposite picture on the other side and cut with a utility knife.

    I put each one into a board 3" wide and as long as the bottom of the picture with a groove cut into it to hold the picture.
    They were a real hit.
    Pam S.

    ---