Digital Camera- Mavica or Not?

From: JIM WITTSTRUCK (JWITTSTRUCK.us)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 06:52:47 PDT

    Hi folks.

    I have to add my thoughts here. I would LOVE to have the image quality of the flashcard-based cameras. For a single user, why not?

    But in our school, the camera is shared between 40+ teachers, and the Mavica's removable storage floppies make the best sense. Otherwise, before one teacher can use the camera, the images have to be downloaded from the flashcard to the computer. Can you imagine what would happen if everyone just left their pics on the flashcard until "later"? Unless you can afford a flashcard for each user.

    And which computer gets the download adapter? All of them? Our Mavica can be used by 4 or 5 different users throughout the day, and each one can hold onto their images, without lost time in transferring the camera.

    The second generation Mavicas also have increased pixel count. Not PERFECT, but pretty close, for online images.

    For "Offscreen" I still use my trusty Pentax Spotmatic- now THERE's a CAMERA!!!!

    Jim

    Jim Wittstruck
    M. W. Savage Elementary
    Savage, MN 55044