Re: Seurat

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 16:06:45 PDT

    In a message dated 4/16/00 3:19:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    ernst85 writes:

    << teaching Seurat >>

    Yes - last year the only project my elementary principal noticed was the
    Seurat
    project as it turned out so well - he is not an art person. We used tempera
    and the point of a paintbrush to make the dots, shallow dishes of tempera
    paint. the children caught on and their work was absolutely beautiful!!!
    They did a loose basic drawing and then using the complementary colors and
    remembering the receding lines and colors painted with
    great joi de vie (sp?) We did landscapes. However when we did the Papunya dot
    painting this year my principal thought it was the same project - larger dots
    with
    the eraser end of a pencil and animals of course. Oh well - I "made him
    look"!
    Cotton swabs can also be used but fall apart so fast and are almost too thick.

    Good luck. Roberta

    ---