interviews

From: DtGaffney
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 10:59:41 PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Thanks for everyone's support and suggestions for preparation for my
    interviews. They could not have been more different. One, I new the prncipal
    and it was relaxed yet business like. We seemed to have covered all the
    bases. We are going to the next step of the visual arts director and other
    teachers to view my portfolio. The art teachers know me as well. A decision
    should be forthcoming by mid-May.

    The other was rather stiff and "by the book". They asked questions from a
    prepared text, to which I answered the best I could. Some questions involved
    my philosophy of why I want to teach art. That was easy. But questions like
    if I see a student (elementary) cheating what would I do, were a bit
    different and unexpected. Another, "a parent comes in to discuss her child's
    garde of B when she believes he should have an A. Well I said that I would
    have a discussion with her about her child, learning how and why she believes
    her child deserved an A, and then show her my assessment comments and another
    student's work that did fullfill all criteria, skill level etc. It was
    difficult to read my interviewers. But I'm hoping they got enough of my
    character, desire, talent and knowledge to consider me a "contender".

    Once again thank you for all your advice and suggestions they gave me more
    confidence. I'm still sending out resumes. I know from being in business many
    years that one needs to "fill up the pipeline" with possibilities. Because
    inevitably some don't pan out.

    Donna G

    ---