Re: Impressionism as a result of the development of photography

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 07:25:46 PDT

            Welcome to the internet and to ArtsEdNet. For your art history
    topic I suggest you check the local library for a copy of Art and Photography
    by Aaron Scharf. It was first written in 1968, my copy was published in 1974.
    I took my History of Photography courses a long time ago, but the source
    is still
    valid. Read Chapter 7, "Impressionism", pages 165-180.
    Good luck in your research, Woody in KC

    Mel Fisher wrote:
    > I am 16 year old art history student and I have been asked to present an
    > oral seminar on the topic above "Impressionism as a result of the
    > development of photography" and I am not sure where to look first.
    > I found this site and thought it would be useful to me. I would appreciate
    > any references or resouces which anybody knows of which could help me out.
    > Names of books, sites, articles, anything would be highly apprecited.
    > I am new to the internet too, and I am unsure of different search engines.
    > Thanks from Melanie

                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on wduncan
    You are welcome to visit my Web Site at