Re: chemical to digital darkroom conversion?

From: Batmom44
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 05:01:01 PDT

    Right now, I teach all my photography with digital equipment. In many ways I
    love it and emphasize that it is definitely the future. But I am working to
    get traditional darkroom equipment for my darkroom. At this point I think it
    is important to teach both traditional and digital. I use Minolta Dimage V's
    and Sony Mavicas. I prefer the Sonys with students because they can all have
    plenty of cheap memory disks. I use PhotoShop software. It is wonderful.
    Relatively high learning curve, but worth the extra effort. I have a Hewlett
    Packard industrial deskjet printer on the way. The little deskjets are
    wonderful but too light weight for heavy classroom use. (we also use Painter
    a lot) I have a color laser but they did not buy it so that it would print on
    a variety of papers so we don't really like it. So that is why I have ordered
    the HP.
    Reatha

    ---