Re: Impressionism as a result of the development of photography

From: PHimmelber
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 20:49:17 PDT

    A first stop in my art history research is usually Janson's "History of Art".
    This is a college standard text, found in almost any library. The capsule
    survey will give a decent overview of how photography affected the
    impressionists... a note in my margins notes size and color as two approaches
    to offset the technology. I hope this is not a simplistic answer. Pioneer
    photographers include Niepce, Daguerre, W.H.Fox Talbot, Nadar and O'Sullivan.
    Good luck. Peter

    ---