oil pastels

From: jane mary (mjart49)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 06:26:26 PDT

    I am doing a project now about Georgia O'Keefe. We are drawing large
    flowers(18"x24") on white paper. They are going over the pencil lines with
    Elmer's glue. I am insrructing them in blending the oil pastels. I also
    tried blending the oilpastels with baby oil. This seems to be working well
    for me. I haven't told the kids about this yet. Before when I have taught
    oil pastels, I have had them blend by rubbing with a paper towel(the most
    available and cheap tool). Has anyone tried using baby oil before? I am
    teaching this lesson in 4th grade so I can't use mineral spirits.Thank, mj