Re: coffee filters and batik....

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 20:12:12 PDT

    In a message dated 4/14/00 7:31:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    bkramer.us writes:

    << In a nutshell, it was a lesson using coffee filters...I mean huge, honkin'
    > 21" diameter coffee filters as the "cloth" and putting the wax in patterns
    > on it with a tjanting (sp?) tool. When dry, she painted it with dyes and a
    > brush and it looked like a big stained glass piece/batiked piece in the >>

    Bunki - did you then iron out the wax as in the traditional method or leave
    it in ?

    This sounds exciting - perhaps could be used with smaller filters (cost) and
    another
    type of resist that would be safer with little ones - I;ll think about this
    one. Thanks
    Roberta

    ---