Re: clay question

From: Tom Johnsen (koordt)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 19:28:16 PDT

    This is good news. Now how do you grog clay? I have a small roll of nichrome
    wire which I would like to use for beads, a small kiln in a separate and very
    small kiln room. I've fired some and for the last fours have not had a single
    explosion from poorly prepared clay. I don't know what I am doing well or
    otherwise because I am landscape painter and not a glop plopper, though I am
    in love with the feel and the texture of clay. I wish to learn to make a 6"
    cylinder this week. I've got a kick wheel and clay at home. But grog. Sounds
    like Shanghai. My friends can you 'splane? I'm thinking I'd also like to get
    the kids into sculpture.

    I've enjoyed and learned so much from your contributions to this newsgroups,
    and I am sure that others have done the same, I'd sure like to get an idea of
    how to make the sculpture safe to fire.