Re: Sculptor-Moore/Smith/Noguchi/Calder/Himmelberg

From: PHimmelber
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 14:04:05 PDT

    I am a sculptor... and will add nevelson and hesse to your list of ladies...
    although i am not one myself. My female colleagues produce intriguing works
    while i see we boys as offering "stronger" pieces, better put as, pieces
    involving strength. This is a vague and fatuous reply on the surface, but
    there is no more difficulty for a good woman artist nowadays.... The work
    must speak for itself and not the sex of the artist.

    ---