Re: Help! (extra money)2

From: Donald Peters (softsnow)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 06:31:45 PDT

    Thank you for all your suggestions!

    I'm still trying to decide what to ask for (it doesn't help that I'm trying
    to finish everything up for the Fine Arts Festival--BIG local community
    festival)

    This is my thinking so far: I teach elementary (think I forgot that last
    time) and only see my classes once a week, which makes clay projects
    difficult. My room is VERY small so I don't want to take up a lot of room
    that I don't have to spare.

    We have 2 laminating machines, a dry mount press, a book-binding machine, a
    shrink-wrap machine and an opaque projector in our workroom.

    The Television that will be supplied through $10,000,000 of the recently
    passes 22.2 million bond will be a 32" Digital television which can be
    connected directly to the computer (no converter needed)

    Right now I'm leaning toward a light box or light table, but am also
    considering asking for a die-cut machine to be put in the work-room which
    all the teachers would appreciate.

    What's happening is this: We are a Title I school which, for those of you
    who don't know, means because we have mostly poor students we receive extra
    money from the government with a use it or lose it attachment. Our principal
    is stuck this year as he has been spending this money on computers, but now
    that our bond has been passed, the district won't let him spend money on
    computers anymore. He told the library they need to spend $8,000 more this
    year.

    I will probably get whatever I ask for, but don't want to have it just
    sitting around, as my principal is one to nail you for the wall for this
    type of thing. I want to be using it on a weekly basis.

    Pat