Re: pulling classes... question

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 20:57:06 PDT

    I had the same problem, only it was the speech teacher. She would keep kids
    late which would interfere with my class. I had decided not to make waves,
    and would gently remind the kids that they needed to be to class on time.
    Then came the day when she kept one of my students (who was behind to begin
    with due to absence) for the entire class period right before their art
    show. She told the student it was because "you're not doing anything
    important in art class anyway". I about came unglued. I informed her that
    the administrator, superintendent, and school board thought that what I did
    was important, and that students needed to be in their seats when my class
    began.
    ~Michal
    http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

    > > Hi Gang,
    > > I have a situation that I am dealing with that is kind of bothering
    > > me... maybe y'all can tell me if it's normal or not. The music teacher
    > > (new this year) has been routinely pulling the students from a given
    > > grade level for a week or two at a time to practice for "shows" that
    > > they do for the parents. This time, I have to give up my 3rd graders
    > > for TWO WEEKS!!

    ---