Re: $50.00 for summer art camp

From: Jhirunrtx
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 18:41:28 PDT

    You can make paper pulp masks using pulp made from soaked and ground up
    newspaper. Have the students ball up a piece of newspaper and tape it to a
    paper plate. Let each student get a bowl of pulp and use it just like clay to
    mold a mask. Animals are a good subject matter. Let dry for about a week and
    paint. If you don't have the time, use one side of a one gallon milk carton
    and paper mache it for a mask. I use elmers glue and water. It dries
    overnight and you can paint and decorate the next day.
    Make prints using natural objects and tempera paint.
    If you have paper, you can do book binding.
    Also, Fox Photo here will give all the film canasters that I want. They
    would be great as part of a junk sculpture. Visit the local frame shop and
    ask for leftover mat. They make great looms and can remain part of the
    weaving. I buy bags of yarn from the local thrift store.
    Good luck. Janet

    ---