Posters from the census

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 18:12:26 PDT

    This got bounced from the getty list so I'm sending it again.

    Here are the posters featuring American artists
    printed to promote the census.

    African American
    "Family"
    Romare Bearden

          Hispanic
    "Camas Para Sueños"
    Carmen Lomas Garza

          American Indian
    "Buffalo Dance Relief"
    Allan Houser

    Rural America
    "School Scene"
    J.C. Huntington

          Pacific Islander
    "The New Quilt"
    Herb Kawainui Kane

          Asian
    "Branches III"
    Hung Liu

    Public Libraries
    "The Library"
    Jacob Lawrence

          Alaska Native
    "Raven The Creator"
    John Hoover

          Puerto Rico
    "Plaza San José"
    Manuel Hernández Acevedo

    American Samoa
    "Salute to the Sun--A New Beginning"
    Jonathon Woo

          Northern Mariana Islands
    "A Passage to the New World"
    Frank S. Palacios & Soo Seon Jeong

          U.S. Virgin Islands
    "Good Day Ladies"
    Leo Carty

    Guam
    "Guam"
    Ariel Dimalanta

    You might inquire if they are available in your area.
          http://www.census.gov/
          http://www.census.gov/dmd/www/advposters.html#American%20Artist

                      Good Luck, Woody in KC

    --